Bodhi Tree Yoga Teacher Training
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

headstand resulting in red eyes

2 posters

Go down

headstand resulting in red eyes Empty headstand resulting in red eyes

Post  rcquam Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Just wondering why this happens. I know Colin had talked about it before, but please remind me of why one gets red eyes. Of course after Sarah said headstand on a chair is good for anyone, except the obvious heart problems and glacoma, I offered it to a class on Monday. One of the girls started laughing when she was up in headstand. She was up for 10 seconds at most. When she came down, her eyes were red and her face felt swelled and puffy (looked kinda like that too). By the end of class she looked better and by the next day everything was normal (no broken blood vessels thank god.) So any ideas of what happened? I modified my class after that and we didn't do any forward bending, as I felt that would've been a bad idea. Does anyone agree? Any suggestions of what went on? This was our 8th or 9th class, so I thought we would've done enough downward dog, forward bends etc. for the body to be prepared for this. Thoughts?

Roberta

rcquam

Back to top Go down

headstand resulting in red eyes Empty Re: headstand resulting in red eyes

Post  YogiColin Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:22 pm

laughing increases blood flow to your face (cheeks get red). so does headstand. the combination of both REALLY increases blood flow to the face. she is lucky she didn't burst blood vessels.
YogiColin
YogiColin
Admin

https://teachertraining.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum