Bodhi Tree Yoga Teacher Training
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yawning and ujjayi

3 posters

Go down

yawning and ujjayi Empty yawning and ujjayi

Post  rcquam Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:48 pm

So a big portion of my class did lots of yawning during this. didn't I hear colin say yawning is from not getting enough oxygen? If that's true, then is this a huge problem? Would these people maybe have a tendancy to be shallow breathers? Is there some other breathing exercise that would be more beneficial if most are having this much trouble getting enough air? Could I have possible missed something when I was explaining that would cause this?

rcquam

Back to top Go down

yawning and ujjayi Empty Re: yawning and ujjayi

Post  YogiColin Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:07 am

so the yawning thing is actually a bit of a mystery. as i understand it, we yawn when we have too much carbon dioxide in our system. there have been studies that actually contradict that, though. some people believe yawning is from boredom. some people actually believe that yawning is an evolutionary mechanism designed to bare our teeth and intimidate our enemies (apparently there are plenty of enemies around every time i lecture).

my guess is that you had one tired student who kept on yawning, and yawning is contagious, which made the rest of your students yawn. either that or you really screwed something up and they are all going to die. Twisted Evil
YogiColin
YogiColin
Admin

https://teachertraining.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  rcquam Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:14 am

Well thankfully no one died during yoga class(I pray that after every class) Sleep , but I am not big on the coffee row group in town, so I'm always last to know if anyone died at home. Here's hoping I had a pile of tired moms in my class.... Thanks for the input. Sleep

rcquam

Back to top Go down

Post  rjd Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:07 pm

During ujjayi I often feel the urge to yawn. I try not to though. I feel like I yawn whenever I start thinking about breathing or yawning. I don't know why?
rjd
rjd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum