Bodhi Tree Yoga Teacher Training
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sore arms on hairdresser

2 posters

Go down

sore arms on hairdresser Empty sore arms on hairdresser

Post  rcquam Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:42 pm

I have a hairdresser whose arms and wrists are quite weak and sore from being a hairdress. Her fingertips to the elbows were excruciating for several days after class a week ago. She could barely carry her baby. She talked to me before class last night about it. I was a little surprised as we actually didn't do any arm balancing or weight on the arms at all last week. She is also doing wii active get fit workout or something like that.
But here's what we did:
Supta Virasana – legs strait, head on blanket
The rack – partners of 3
Tadasana
Utkatasana
virabhadrasana I
Utthita trikonasana
Parivrtta trikonasana
Virabhadrasana II
Utthita parsvakonasana
Ardha chandrasana partners of 2, back and leg against wall
Virabhadrasana III
Uttanasana

We tried to hold these postures all for longer than we have been, so does anyone think that all of the different arm positions of up, then out, then down in uttanasana made something happen to here arms. Has anyone ever had anything like this before? Is there any advice anyone has for things she could do to alleviate her pain? I told her to take it easy on her arms and wrists if she's finding they are bothering her for the next class, and if they are sore, to ice them. what do you think?

rcquam

Back to top Go down

sore arms on hairdresser Empty Re: sore arms on hairdresser

Post  YogiColin Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:58 pm

lots of standing poses... my guess is that she was holding her arms up with her traps and neck which created some nerve impingement. do her shoulders seem to hunch up around her neck? is she a nervous type? passive backbends over rolled up blankets or yoga mat. see if that helps.
YogiColin
YogiColin
Admin

https://teachertraining.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  rcquam Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:10 am

Where do you think the positioning should be with the blankets?

rcquam

Back to top Go down

sore arms on hairdresser Empty adjustment

Post  rcquam Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:23 am

And now I'm not really sure what type of adjustment to have her do for holding her arms. Definately on opening the shoulders. So as I sit here trying to hold my arms up with my traps, I see the difference if I'm hunched, compared to when I pull the trapezius back and open the chest and the shoulders. Do you think this is right? Is there more I should be watching and adjusting?

rcquam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum