Bodhi Tree Yoga Teacher Training
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

thoughts on attracting students & sharing yoga

3 posters

Go down

thoughts on attracting students & sharing yoga Empty thoughts on attracting students & sharing yoga

Post  rcquam Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:56 am

Hi guys. We have a gr. 12 student who went to Arctic in July and now is planning an environmental trip to Antarctic for Dec. Wow, how great is that, the world is educating individuals, so young can hopefully make a difference. I am not financially in a position to help her with her fundraising, so my idea was have school donate space, centre 48 to donate organization & I will donate yoga. We will advertise to all who were interested in yoga, but not sure about commiting to regular classes, to come out and try a class. All proceeds go to Jenna for her trip. I think this is win, win for everyone. Any suggestions of what type of class or poses you guys think would really be good for people just wanting to check it out? (Lots would not be real physical at all, I'm assuming) I was thinking everyone has shoulder stuff, but then I thought maybe a class full of a little of everything would be better. I know the rack is always enjoyed... Any thoughts, suggestions?
Roberta

rcquam

Back to top Go down

thoughts on attracting students & sharing yoga Empty Re: thoughts on attracting students & sharing yoga

Post  YogiColin Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:44 pm

sun salutations are handy for stuff like that. you can teach all the individual postures and then link them all together into a vinyasa. people feel like they have accomplished something together. happy happy.
YogiColin
YogiColin
Admin

https://teachertraining.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

thoughts on attracting students & sharing yoga Empty Re: thoughts on attracting students & sharing yoga

Post  emsummertime Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:52 am

I would go with an all around class as well. It's nice to show off a little bit of everything and you might get some people hooked on trying it again. I like the sun salutaion idea.
emsummertime
emsummertime

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum