Bodhi Tree Yoga Teacher Training
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

beginner classes

3 posters

Go down

beginner classes Empty beginner classes

Post  rcquam Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:06 pm

So what's everyones thoughts on putting warrior 3 and half moon in a beginner class.

rcquam

Back to top Go down

beginner classes Empty Re: beginner classes

Post  emg Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:20 pm

I say, go for it. There are excellent variations on both these postures that would make them accessable to beginner students. For example, your students could do virabadrasana 3 at the wall from a table stretch position. I know of two variations for ardha chandrasana that make them a little easier to manage. The first is moving into the posture with the back side of the body against a wall. This way balancing is not such a huge issue. In the second variation, the back foot is pressing against a wall. I've also been to a class of Sarah's where she had us use a chair in the pose.
emg
emg

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhonda Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:20 pm

I have done both with my beginner classes. I did half moon with them and many of them really liked it and to my surprise my 70 year student could do it better & longer than some of the 30 year olds. I just did Warrior III tonight with a class. We did variations with hands on the wall and then feet on the wall then I gave them the choice if any of them wanted to try the full poses. I think they all tried. I think Warrior III helps the student discover their weaknesses and therefore what they need to work on. I remember the first time I tried Warrior III and couldn't do it. Unitl then I thought my legs were strong. I think whether you do either asanas with a beginner class will depend on the students and their physical fitness level and what they are hoping to get out of their yoga class.

Rhonda

Back to top Go down

beginner classes Empty tried ardha chandrasana

Post  rcquam Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:49 pm

Well we tried it last night. I had everyone get a partner for spotter comfort and then we did the posture with foot on the wall. They were all very hesitant, but all tried it and they were pretty excited that they all had success. Thanks for the input!!!

rcquam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum